Introduction: I am a bread lover. Nothing can boost your confidence than a pulling a fresh bread loaf out of the oven. In my native country, Romania, there is no meal without bread. One can eat potatoes with bread. Ever since I bought my bread maker, I am happy to bake fresh bread at least every weekend.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
Recipe Source: Beth Herspenger, Bread Lovers Machine Cookbook
- 1 cup of water
- ◾1½ cups of plain whole milk yogurt
- ◾4¾ cups of bread flour
- ◾1 tbsp of gluten
- ◾2¼ tsp of salt
- ◾2½ tsp yeast or 1 tbsp of bread machine yeast
- Put all the ingredients in the bread machine pan. Depending upon the yogurt consistency, you may need more or less flour than indicated here. The dough needs to be of a non sticky consistency.
- Set the cycle to Dough cycle to have it kneaded.
- When the cycle ends, take the dough out of the pan, shape it like a ball, cut three ½ inch slits with a sharp knife, let it rise for about 2 hrs in a warm place. I usually cover it with a clean towel and place it in the cold microwave. After 2 hours, the bread should have been doubled in volume and is ready for baking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 , put the bread in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Pull it out the oven, let it cool on a wire rack, slice and serve. Heavenly good!
(Visited 141 times, 1 visits today)