Introduction: Cookies are one of the most popular deserts in America. You can find them everywhere: mall booths, groceries stores, restaurants, school cafeterias. They can be thin or thick, crisp or soft, with all l kind of flavors. I had some walnuts in my pantry and I thought that adding them to a cookie dough would bring the American cookie to a new level, a little closer to my Romanian heritage.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
- 1 stick of butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 cup of walnuts, loosely chopped
- In the mixer combine the butter with sugar, mix well
- Add the salt, baking soda, vanilla, egg, continue to mix
- Add the flour in small batches, mix well after each addition
- Add the walnuts and incorporate them into the dough manually, mixing with a spoon
- Remove from the oven, let it cool.
- Serve with cold milk or coffee and come back for more!
(Visited 124 times, 1 visits today)