Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Stuffed Pork Tendedrloin
Pork tenderloin can be stuffed with anything , imagination is the limit. This is a festive recipe, tasty and flavorful and very easy to make. Fruit like apple, raisins, pineapple, cranberry, go very well with pork. The recipe has been changed from its original.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
Recipe Source: Translated and adapted from Retete ca la Mama
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- fresh dill and parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of Worchestire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 cup of celery ribs, slices
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- With a sharp knife, remove the silverskin of the loin.
- Prepare the tenderloins for stuffing: Slice the tenderloins length wise by inserting the knife two thirds of the way into the tenderloin but not all the way through. Now you open up the meat, place it between two layers of plastic wrap, and gently pound it out to your desired thickness.
- Prepare de stuffing: In a bowl combine the ground beef with garlic, ketchup, Worchestire sauce, dill and parsley, salt and pepper to taste, mix well.
- Lay the stuffing on top of the flat tenderloin. Roll and tie with kitchen twine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, rub with mustard.
- Toss the apples, carrots, celery on the bottom of a baking dish, salt and pepper to taste
- Place the tenderloins on top, cover with a foil and cook in preheated oven at 400F for 40 minutes
- After 45 minutes remove the foil and cook for 15-20 more minutes so the meat will browned up and wiht a nice crust.
- Remove the baking dish from oven. Remove the tenderloins and set on the serving dish.
- Take the vegetables, apples with their juices and puree in a blender until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste and serve with the stuffed meat. Enjoy!
(Visited 529 times, 1 visits today)