Spring rolls is one of the easiest of the Chinese foods to make, they can be filled with different vegetables flavored with herbs. They make an excellent appetizer. I got this recipe from an "old" Romanian girlfriend, she likes to try new cuisines. Except for the wrappers to be bought from the store, this recipe does not include exotic ingredients, you should have them all in your pantry.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
Recipe Source: An "old" Romanian girlfriend
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ cup of white cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup of carrots, grated
- ¼ cup of green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsps of soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and peeper to taste
- spring rolls wrappers
- oil for deep frying
- In a medium pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and sauté the vegetables on medium heat for about one minute or until soft. Do not overcook, make sure they are just soft but still crisp.
- Add the soy sauce, salt and pepper, stir well, take of the heat, let it cool for 5 minutes
- Fill the wrappers: take about one tablespoon of filling and place on the center of the wrapper. Fold the left and right sides of wrapper over filling, then lift up the wide end nearest you and tuck overtop. Roll to the other end.
- In a frying pan, add about 1 inch of oil. Fry the rolls on medium to high heat. Make sure the oil is hot enough before dropping the first roll to cook. Allow the rolls to fry one minute on each side. Remove from the pan on an absorbent paper towel.
- Serve hot or cold with dipping soy sauce. Enjoy!
(Visited 173 times, 1 visits today)