Introduction: My kids love this dip! And even my boy who dislikes spinach will hungrily eat this dish. He does not mind the spinach because it tastes so creamy and cheesy!
- 2 bunches of fresh spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 pack of cream cheese (here I used Philadelphia)
- 1 cup of any shredded cheese (here I used Swiss)
- splash of pepper
- In a large pot boil some water and add the spinach for about 5 minutes until the leaves are soft. You will know you boiled them for too long when the leaves turn into a pale green color.
- Drain the spinach, chop it up
- In a large pan add the oil, the spinach and the garlic, mix well
- Add the cream cheese, continue to mix until the cheese is melted
- Add the shredded cheese and continue to mix until all the cheeses are melted
- Add pepper to taste and enjoy!
Ready in: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Cook’s Note: You may use frozen spinach or canned spinach. I prefer the fresh, made from scratch alternative.