Sesame Bread Rolls
Sesame Bread Rolls
Introduction: One of the most loved and used appliances in my kitchen is the bread maker. I love bread hence I use the bread maker at least once a week, typically on the weekends when I have more time to cook. Today I made sesame bread rolls to the enchantment of my eaters.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
Recipe Source: Beth Herspenger, Bread Lovers Machine Cookbook
- 1¼ cups of water = 300 ml
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of dry yeast
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons of butter at room temperature (1/4 stick) = 50 grams
- 4 cups of flour, shifted
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 egg (for egg wash to brush the rolls)
- sesame seeds
- Place the water in a large cup, add sugar and yeast, mix well and pour it either in the bread machine pan or if do not have a bread machine mix it directly in the mixer bowl, it all depends how are you going to knead it. Let it sit for about 15 minutes until the yeast activates and the mixture becomes bubbly
- After the yeast has been activated, add the egg yolks, butter cut is small pieces, flour, salt
- If using the bread machine set the cycle to dough and knead until the dough is kneaded. It should be an elastic dough ball. Unplug the machine when the dough is kneaded, do not let it rise in the pan
- If using a mixer, knead until obtain an elastic dough ball
- Remove the dough from the bread machine pan or from the mixer bowl and turn it to an a oily surface
- Divide the dough in two sections and make a roll of 1½ inch ( 4 cm) thick, and form round balls using your hands.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Set in the cold oven and let it rise for about 1½ hours
- Remove from oven, preheat oven at 375F (190C) and bake the rolls for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with your favorite soup. Enjoy!
(Visited 186 times, 1 visits today)