Introduction: Salmon is a very healthy choice for a light, easy homemade meal. This one is a delight!
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
Recipe Source: Adapted from McCormick
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons thyme leaves
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, sliced, for decoration
- 1 can of mandarin oranges, drained and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium size cucumber, copped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablesppon of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix orange juice, oil and 1 teaspoon of the thyme in small bowl. Place salmon in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade, turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix brown sugar, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, remaining ½ teaspoon thyme and salt in small bowl. Remove salmon from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Rub salmon evenly with paprika mixture. Place salmon on foil-lined baking pan.Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Mix all ingredients for the relish in medium bowl.
- Serve salmon with orange relish. Enjoy!
(Visited 111 times, 1 visits today)