Thirsty? On a hot summer day this is the one of the best refreshers you can have. Mojitos became very popular and every restaurant and bar has it on their menus. I have tried many recipes but this one found at Musing of a Housewife beats them all. Trust me, it is the best you can have. The key of this recipe is the mint syrup that can be refrigerated and used up to three days. Since mint is growing wildly arround my pergola, making it was just a breeze.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
Recipe Source: Musing of a Housewife
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 handfulls mint leaves
- 1-1/2 to 2 ounces of light rum
- ½ lime
- 1 can club soda
- Simple Syrup:
- Mix 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar in a saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves (about a minute). Then turn off the heat.
- Toss in a handfull of mint leaves and let it steep for an hour or so. Strain out the leaves and store in the fridge till you're ready to use it.
- Take 10-12 mint leaves, put them in a tall glass and muddle them
- Add ice, pour 1 ounce mint syrup
- Add 1-1/2 to 2 ounces of light rum (depending on how strong you like it)
- Add in the juice of half a lime
- Add a splash of club soda and stir. Serve. This is just soo refreshing!
The generic recipe for syrup is 1 part sugar and 1 part water
(Visited 222 times, 1 visits today)