Introduction: Cheesecake is a very popular desert and can be found on almost any restaurant menu. It consists of one or more layers. The main, and thickest layer, consists of a mixture of soft, fresh cheese (typically cream cheese or ricotta), eggs, and sugar; and a bottm layer consists of a crust or base made from crushed cookies, crackers, pastry, or sponge cake. The combination of the cream cheese and Nutella in this recipe is a winner, try it out and I hope you will concur.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
Recipe Source: Adapted from Recipe Tin Eats
- 1 packet (4.8 oz / 137g) oreo cookies
- 3 tbsp / 45g unsalted butter, melted
- 8oz (250g) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp. (240g) Nutella (or hazelnut spread)
- ¼ cup (65ml) heavy cream
- ½ cup (30g) icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (80g) Nutella
- ¾ cup (185) ml heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. (25g) sugar
- Line a standard 12 hole muffin tin with paper patties
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and grind to fine crumbs
- Mix Oreo crumbs with butter, divide between holes and press firmly to flatten.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Then beat in icing sugar, Nutella and vanilla extract. Add cream and beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until fluffy like frosting.
- Divide mixture between holes, smooth out top, put in the freezer for 30 minutes until firm
- Beat cream until starts to thicken, add sugar then beat until soft peaks form
- Transfer to piping bag and pipe cream on each mini cake
- Place Nutella in one corner of a small ziplock bag and microwave for 15 seconds on high
- Snip a a tiny hole in one corner of the ziplock bag and drizzle over cheesecakes. Serve cool. Enjoy!
(Visited 206 times, 1 visits today)