Introduction: Mashed beans is one the popular recipes of the Romanian cuisine. It can be compared with hummus having about the same cooking method, being made from beans not form chick peas.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
Recipe Source: Family Recipe
- 1 cup of white dry beans (you can used canned if you prefer, you will need about two cans)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ can of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- lemon slices and fresh parsley for decoration
- If using dry beans, cook them pressure cooker (if you have one) or boil them on the stove, until tender, drain them from the liquid.
- If using canned beans, drain them from the liquid.
- Place the beans in a food processor, add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and process until smooth. Add more oil if needed to bring to the desired consistency
- Slice the onions and saute in a teaspoon of oil
- Remove the mashed beans from the processor, arrange on a plate with the onions on top. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with lemon slices and greed parsley. Enjoy!
I like to boil my own beans in the pressure cooker
(Visited 150 times, 1 visits today)