Introduction: An American breakfast favorite, pancakes are a versatile breakfast option. They can be served with any combination of fresh fruit, honey, jams, fruit preserves, peanut butter, whipped cream or sour cream. If you have a heart shaped skillet, you can surprise your spouse by serving this special breakfast.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
Serves: 4 servings
- 1½ cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- Mix dry ingredients together in medium bowl
- Add all wet ingredients to a separate bowl and stir just until blended
- Add the wet ingredient to the dry ingredients until combined, the batter should have the consistency of a yogurt, not too fluid but not too viscous. If needed, add a little flour or milk to bring the batter to the desired consistency.
- Lightly coat skillet with oil, heat to medium low.
- Drop the batter onto heated skillet
- Cook until bubbles begin to form on surface and underside is golden, about 2 minutes; flip over and cook on the other side.
- Serve warm with your choice of additions. My favorite is sour cream and sour cherry preserve. Yummy!
(Visited 150 times, 1 visits today)