Introduction: Plantains are delicious and very easy to cook. Plantains are a member of the banana family. They are a starchy, low in sugar variety that is cooked before serving as it is unsuitable raw. It is used in many savory dishes somewhat like a potato would be used and is very popular in Western Africa and the Caribbean countries. They are usually fried or baked. I just love plantains!
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
- 2 plantains
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Peel and cut plantains them into 1½ inch slices
- Put the sugar in a frying pan, spread the sugar evenly on the bottom of the pan over low heat. Do not stir.
- When the sugar is melted add the butter and stir until the butter is melted
- Place the sliced plantains into the mixture and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Serve as a side dish with any meat course.
(Visited 110 times, 1 visits today)