One of the classics of Italian American restaurants menus is Fettuccini Alfredo. Pasta is always a quick meal solution and a pasta recipe is handy. I have been cooking this recipe many times when I was in a time crunch to feed a hungry crew.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
Recipe Source: All Recipes
- 1 pack of fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, stir occasionally
- While the pasta is cooking, in a saucepan on medium heat melt the butter and add the flour, stir continually for about 1 minute
- When the butter and flour are mixed, slowly add the milk, stirring continually, bring to a boil
- Add the heavy whipping cream, continue to stir and boil for 2-3 minutes
- Add the parmesan cheese, while continue to stir, bring to a boil
- Add the mozzarella cheese, stirring continually, the total process should take about 6 to 8 minutes
- Add the minced garlic, pepper to taste, salt if needed
- Drain the pasta, put it in a bowl and add the sauce.
- Mix in the sauce in and serve hot. Enjoy!
(Visited 114 times, 1 visits today)