Introduction: Rice and meat is a classic combination. When at the dinner table I presented the chicken rice balls to my crew, the husband smiles and asks if I am feeding them ...elephant balls. Great idea. Hence the name of the dish.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
- 2 tbsps of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of risotto rice, rinsed
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 chicken breast (1 lb)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 eggs
- frying oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a medium pan over medium heat
- Add the rice and cook for about two minutes, just to soften the rice, stirring continually
- Add the chicken broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 20 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally. Make sure the rice is boiled but not overcooked. Set aside and let it cool.
- Put the chicken breast in a medium pan and bring it to a boil. Continue to boil for about 25 minutes, until the breast is cooked. Remove from the pan, set on a cutting board and let it cool
- Cut the breast in small pieces, put in a bowl and mix with salt and pepper
- When the rice is cooled, model the rice balls with bare hands. Take some rice in your hand, put a little of the chicken mixture on top of it and with the other hand take more rice and cover the ball. Model the ball by pressing the rice with both hands. Repeat the procedure until all the rice and chicken is finished.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs
- Brush the rice balls with the egg mixture
- Put the bread crumbs on a plate and mix with the cayenne pepper
- Roll the balls in the mixture, pressing the crumbs into the balls so all the surface is covered
- Heat the oil and fry the rice balls on medium heat, for about one minute on each side
- Remove from the pan, set on a paper towel top drain the oil
- Serve hot with your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!
(Visited 697 times, 1 visits today)