Introduction: On the dessert menus of any fancy restaurant you will find the Crème Brulee. I was intimidated at the beginning but this is a very easy and handy to make dessert. It is actually a rich custard covered with a layer of caramel.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
- 5 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup of sugar (for the custard) + 3 teaspoons (for caramel decoration)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla essence
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg yolks with the sugar
- In a small pan warm up the whipping cream, bring it close to boil but do not boil it
- Slowly add the warm whipping cream over the egg yolks and sugar mixture
- Mix well, add the vanilla essence
- Take a baking pan and put 4 ramekins in it
- Pour the custard in the ramekins
- Add water in the baking pan to reach to the half of the ramekins height.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 350 F for 40 minutes until the custard has set
- Take out of the oven, let it cool for about 1 hour
- Sprinkle with sugar and using a kitchen torch caramelize the sugar
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
(Visited 131 times, 1 visits today)