Introduction: This is a fast and delicious dessert.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
- 6 ounces (170g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (chopped) or chocolate chips
- 6 ounces (170g) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 box of heavy whipping cream ( 1 pint)
- 3 large white eggs
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) dark rum
- pinch of salt
- Heat a saucepan one-third full with hot water, and in a bowl set on top, melt together the chocolate and the butter, stirring over the simmering water, until smooth. Remove from heat, let it cool.
- In the mixer whisk the heavy whipping cream until frothy, add one tablespoon of sugar.
- In the mixer or in a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until frothy. Continue to beat until they start to hold their shape. Whip in one tablespoon of sugar and continue to beat until thick and shiny, but not completely stiff, then the dark rum.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mix, one table spoon at the time until the cream is all incorporated.
- Fold in the white eggs into the chocolate mix, one table spoon at the time until all the white eggs are incorporated.
- Serve the mousse chilled in cups.
(Visited 58 times, 1 visits today)