Chocolate Coconut Balls
Recipe Source: Family Recipe
Introduction: The dessert of my childhood, a very easy dessert, no baking is required.
- 1/2 lb of crackers
- 1/2 lb of walnuts
- 2 cups plus one tablespoon of milk
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- one tablespoon of vanilla or rum essence
- to cover the balls: coconut flakes, grated chocolate, cocoa
- Place the crackers in the food processor and grind them
- Place the walnuts in the food processor and grind them
- Place then crackers and walnuts in a large bowl
- In a sauce pan put the milk and sugar, add the butter, stirring continually to dissolve the butter. Bring to a boil, add the cocoa dissolved in one teaspoon of milk. You may adjust the sugar quantity based on your taste.
- Add the tablespoon of vanilla or the rum essence
- Slowly pour the hot mixture over the crackers and walnuts and mix well. At the end you need to obtain a paste of a consistency to allow the modeling of balls. Depending on the porosity of your crackers, you may need more or less liquid.
- When the desired consistency has been reached, model the wall size balls and roll them in coconut flakes, grated chocolate or cocoa. Enjoy!
Ready in: 30 minutes
Yields: 6-8 servings
(Visited 308 times, 1 visits today)