Introduction: A fast and delicious dish with Mediterranean flavors.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
Recipe Source: Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup brined capers, rinsed
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove and transfer to plate. . Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers.
- Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor, check for seasoning.
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes, remove chicken to platter.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley. Serve over pasta or mashed potatoes.
(Visited 209 times, 1 visits today)