Introduction: The major health benefit of common beans is their ability to lower cholesterol due to their rich source of fiber. Studies have shown that the high fiber contained in beans prevents blood sugar levels from rising too rapidly after a meal. This makes beans an especially good choice for individuals with diabetes, insulin resistance, or hypoglycemia. (Source: Everynutrient.com).
This salad is very quick easy to make and exceptionally good with any fish dish, we like it with fried red snapper or with baked salmon.
- 1 can of green beans (Italian cut, 500 gr.)
- 1 cup on chopped onions (1 medium onion)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with hot peppers (Rotel)
- 2 table spoons of lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Ready in: 5 minutes
Yields: 4 servings