This a classic of the American breakfast. My son loves pancakes for breakfast and when I started my life in America, my husband introduced this new breakfast to me. He bought the mix from the store, followed the instructions on the box and ready! Instead I like to cook from the scratch, I just do not trust processed foods loaded with preservatives kept in store shelves for years. This recipe is very easy to make.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Place all the ingredients together in a medium bowl, mix until well combined
- Lightly coat skillet with oil. Heat to medium low
- Drop the batter onto heated skillet, pick the quantity depending upon your desired pancake size
- Cook until bubbles begin to form on surface and underside is golden, about 2 minutes; flip over and cook on the other side.
- Serve warm with peanut butter and honey. Try it with sour cream and sour cherry preserve. Yummy!
(Visited 49 times, 1 visits today)