Introduction: Nothing compares with the smell of the freshly baked bread. It makes you feel at home. That's why they say that if you want to sell a house quickly, you must bake some bread in the oven while the visitors are viewing the home.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
Recipe Source: Beth Herspenger, Bread Lovers Machine Cookbook
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons of butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 4¼ cups of unbleached all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of dry yeast or 2½ teaspoons of bread machine yeast
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- Warm up the milk and put in the mixer bowl or if you have a bread machine, put it in the pan.
- Sprinkle the yeast, add the honey and half a cup of flour
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes allowing the yeast to activate until bubbly
- Add the remaining ingredients, the salt being the last element
- Mix it in the mixer using the dough palette (for about 10 minutes) or mix it the bread machine using the dough cycle
- When the dough is finished, turn the dough out into a lightly floured surface
- Divide the dough in half, then roll each half into a 2 to 3 inch diameter cylinder
- With knife cut the cylinder into 8 equal portions. Repeat to the second cylinder
- Shape each portion like sphere and then pat it down a little bit to shape it like a round roll.
- Brush over some melted butter over the top of the rolls
- Cover loosely with plastic and let rise at the room temperature until doubled in volume, for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F, twenty minutes before baking
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at the room temperature and reheat
(Visited 155 times, 1 visits today)