Introduction: Fall is the apple season. Even the apples have no season in the American grocery stores, there is an apple and pumpkin smell of the fall that floats in the air those days. Here is a spectacular looking recipe that is easy and rewarding to make.
Prepared and Photographed by: Claudia Davis
Recipe Source: Tip Hero
- 4 apples, cored and halved (leave the skin on)
- juice from ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp of your favorite fruit preserves
- 2 tbsp water (plus more for apple soak)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- cinnamon, to taste
- Core the apples and cut them in to thin slices
- Fill a large bowl with cold water. Squeeze in half the lemon (no pips). Put the apple slices in
- Put the bowl of apples in the microwave for three minutes, then strain the water out
- Put the apricot jam in a bowl. Add two tablespoons of water. Microwave for one minute, then stir
- Unroll the sheet of puff pastry. Roll it out lightly with a rolling pin. Cut it into six equal slices
- Spread each slice of pastry with the jam, and then place the apple slices along the top, skin side up
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, then fold over the remaining dough to cover the bottom half of the apples, and roll the pastry up to create an apple rose.
- Place the apple roses in a cupcake/ muffin baking tin and bake at 375F for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Enjoy your roses!
(Visited 239 times, 1 visits today)