Introduction : Potatoes are one of the most versatile vegetables, the potato combinations and way of preparation and are endless. Beyond the unfair reputation due to the French fries used by fast foods, potatoes are actually full a very good source of vitamin and a good source of potassium, copper, vitamin C, phosphorus, niacin, dietary fiber. I found this recipe in an old Romanian magazine.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Ioana Magazine no 8/2001
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lb of potatoes (preferably small red)
- 1 tbsp of dry tarragon leaves
- 1/ 2 cup of chicken broth
- ½ cup of white wine
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of green onions, finely chopped
- Wash the potatoes, slice in half
- Add the chicken broth, wine, and cook for another ten minutes until potatoes are tender, add salt and pepper to taste, remove from the heat
- Separately In a small saucepan on small heat place the almonds and roast for 3-5 minutes
- Add the roasted almonds and the chopped onions to the potatoes, mix well
- Serve immediately as a side dish to any meat. Enjoy!
(Visited 304 times, 1 visits today)